Rooter Flush provides emergency frozen pipe repair service in Chicago. Our services include tips on preventing and thawing of frozen pipes.
We assist with cleanup of water damage from frozen pipes and repair of damaged pipes.
Rooter Flush offers residential and commercial plumbing services in the Back of The Yards neighborhood and surrounding area. We answer calls 24/7.
Call or Schedule Service Anytime
How to Prevent Frozen Pipes
Ask us how you can prevent frozen and burst pipes this winter. Our trained staff will answer your questions.
Follow these frozen pipe prevention tips.
1. To keep water from freezing on an outdoor spigot during the winter, shut off the water valve to the outdoor spigot.
2. Drain excess water from the pipe.
3. To prevent indoor pipes from freezing, cover exposed pipes with foam insulation. It comes in long strips and can be cut down to size with a utility knife.
4. Use cable ties to tie down pipe heating cable for any pipes that may need extra heat to stay fluid.
5. If pipes under a sink are on an outdoor-facing wall, open up the cabinet doors to let heat from the house flow underneath the sink.
6. On extremely cold days, leave at least one sink on a slow drip to keep water moving in the pipes.
When Freezing Pipes Break
Sometimes frozen pipes will burst or break because of the pressure of ice in the pipe. Rooter Flush repairs burst pipes. If you need burst pipe repair, give us a call 24/7.
Frozen Pipe Repair
After thawing pipes, Rooter Flush can repair burst pipe. When pipes freeze, they sometimes burst because of the water/ice pressure. If the water pipe breaks open you will see a slit or crack in the pipe. We can repair the damage and get your water service back to normal.